A top level, tuition-free youth orchestra for advanced music students
Orion Youth Orchestra rehearses on Thursdays 6:00-8:00pm
Open to Strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion, harp, and keyboard students
Recommended for ages 12-18
Age recommendations are provided as guidelines. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis
What is Orion Youth Orchestra?
Orion is our way of saying: You worked hard and invested in your musical skills, we want to reward you! Orion rewards students for their hard work and achievements in the following ways:
1) Your orchestral tuition is waived.
3) Perform with like-minded, advanced music students.
4) Sectional rehearsals from professional Annapolis Symphony Orchestra musicians.
5) Perform exciting orchestral works in various venues.
6) Play with professional musicians, and outstanding guest soloists.
7) Experience side-by-side concerts with professional musicians.
Includes Exclusive Annapolis Symphony Academy benefits:
Workshops with Annapolis Symphony Orchestra soloists, guest artists and speakers.
Assistance with applications and auditions (summer festivals, colleges & universities)
Access to Annapolis Symphony Orchestra rehearsals.
Complimentary Annapolis Symphony Orchestra concert access.
Who qualifies for Orion Youth Orchestra?
Talented, driven young strings, winds, brass, percussion, harp, or keyboard students ages 12-18, taking weekly one-on-one private lessons with an instructor, either at the Academy through our Virtuoso Pathway*, or through a private teacher outside the Academy.
If you study with a teacher outside the Annapolis Symphony Academy and admitted to Orion, we will ask your private teacher to submit the required Teacher Verification Form.
How can I join Orion Youth Orchestra?
Follow this simple process:
1) Fill out our Application Form.
2) Sign up for an In-Person audition or submit a Virtual Audition. Audition Information Available Here.
3) We will notify you of the audition results and your placement in our programs.
Thanks to the the generosity of our donors, each student accepted to the Orion Youth Orchestra will receive an Orchestral Scholarship covering the cost of participation in the orchestra. Students are only responsible to pay a yearly administrative fee of $100 to secure enrollment in Orion**. Students may be asked to perform a musical community service during the semester.
Where and When?
Orion Youth Orchestra meets on Thursday afternoons at 6:00pm
All Annapolis Symphony Academy activities take place at Temple Beth Shalom, 1461 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Arnold, MD.
* Orchestral scholarships are applied to all Orion members. Students enrolled in our Virtuoso Pathway receive a $800 orchestral scholarship, applied to their YEARLY Annapolis Symphony Academy tuition.
**Virtuoso Pathway students only pay one ($100) deposit to reserve their spot in both Virtuoso and Orion.