The Most Comprehensive Music Education Pathway
Private Lessons are scheduled individually on Mondays and Tuesdays
What is the Virtuoso Pathway?
This is our most comprehensive music education approach, and includes everything the Academy has to offer.
Here are the ways Virtuoso develops, accelerates and promotes excellent musical skills in children and youth:
1) Sixteen One-on-One Weekly Private Lessons per semester from our outstanding faculty of leading Annapolis Symphony
2) Each student will be assigned and receive the benefits of one of the following Chamber Music Ensembles or Youth
Orchestras: Lyra Chamber Music Ensembles, Aries Youth Chamber Orchestra, Orion Youth Orchestra.
3) Performance opportunities: Studio (group) Classes, End-of-semester Individual evaluation, Recitals, and Performances with assigned Chamber Music group or Youth Orchestra.
4) In-program Competitions and Challenges.
What are weekly private lessons, and why are they important?
Weekly Private Lessons are one-on-one, individualized sessions with a teacher specializing the student's chosen instrument.
Our faculty is composed of leading Annapolis Symphony Orchestra musicians.
Private lessons taught by professional musician are the only avenue to advance a students' playing skills.
Students work on technique and repertoire appropriate for their playing level. Teachers assist students with their chamber music or orchestral parts, provide support, encouragement, and mentorship.
Included with Virtuoso - Exclusive Annapolis Symphony Academy benefits:
Workshops with Annapolis Symphony Orchestra soloists, guest artists and speakers.
Community Service and Performances.
Help with applications and auditions (summer festivals, colleges & universities).
Access to Annapolis Symphony Orchestra rehearsals.
Complimentary Annapolis Symphony Orchestra concert access (Live or Online via Symphony+)
What do I need to qualify for virtuoso?
1) You are a talented, driven young string player looking to get the most out of your musical training. Winds and Brass lessons will be available in the future*.
How can I audition for Virtuoso?
Current members of the Annapolis Symphony Academy will not be required to re-audition for Virtuoso.
Follow this simple process:
1) Fill out our Application Form, and select: Virtuoso Pathway. We will assign you a teacher and the most appropriate
ensemble for your playing abilities.
2) Submit an audition video by June 15, 2021. Click the link below for information about audition requirements.
Audition Information Available Here
3) We will review all applications and auditions and announce our decisions during the first week of July.
After receiving your application we will send you information about our auditions. Based on your audition we will assign you a teacher and the appropriate ensemble/orchestra that best fits your playing level.
$380 per month (10 monthly payments per year).
$100 non-refundable deposit will be required to reserve your spot in Virtuoso.
Need-based financial aid is available! We can help students make their musical aspirations happen. Click HERE for more information.
* Advanced Winds, Brass, and Percussion students already studying with a private teacher are encourage to apply for our top level, tuition-free, Orion Youth Orchestra.